Tips and advice to help keep your kids safe
10 Rules for Online Safety
- Keep telephone number, address, name/location of school, parents’ work address/telephone number private
- Report any information that makes me feel uncomfortable to your parents/teacher.
- Never agree to "meet" someone you have talked to online unless your parents agree.
- Never send a person your picture or anything else without first checking with your parents/teacher
- Never respond to any mean or unkind messages. Tell parents/teacher if any messages make you feel uncomfortable.
- Set up rules for going online with your parents, about the time of day, the length of time and appropriate areas for you to visit. Stick to them!
- Never give out internet passwords to anyone (even your best friends) other than parents.
- Check before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt the computer or jeopardize your family’s privacy.
- Be a good online citizen and do not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
- Help your parents understand how to have fun and learn things online. Teach them about the tech you are using!