CEOP button - online safety
CEOP - this is short for Child Exploitation and Online Protection.
The Click CEOP button (pictured above) is an asset of the National Crime Agency’s CEOP Command. The CEOP Command works to protect children from the harm of sexual abuse and exploitation both online and offline.
The button has been developed to offer children, young people, parents/carers and professionals working with these groups with a simple and convenient mechanism for gaining access to trusted online safety advice, help and support. It also provides access to an online mechanism for reporting known or suspected child sexual exploitation or child sexual abuse directly to CEOP. This is offered as a convenient and potentially less intimidating method of reporting these sensitive types of crime, alternative to face-to-face and telephone reporting to local police forces.
Clicking on the CEOP Image above will take you to the CEOP Website.
The CEOP Safety Centre
The Click CEOP button provides a gateway to the CEOP Safety Centre, an area of the CEOP website offering:
- advice on a range of online safety issues, such as hacking and cyberbullying;
- signposting to NCA-CEOP partners offering help and support on issues outside of CEOP’s remit, such as ChildLine and BeatBullying;
- reporting of suspected or known child sex offender activity directly to CEOP for investigation.
Reporting to CEOP
- CEOP operates a 24/7 service for the receipt of reports.
- Reports can be made to CEOP by a young person or on their behalf by a parent/carer or professional working with these groups.
- Children under 11 years of age are encouraged to tell an adult that they trust about what has happened and to ask for their help in reporting this either to CEOP or local police.
All reports to CEOP are treated as reports of crime and as such anonymous reports cannot be accepted.